Saturday means kickboxing training

I used to do no sports, lack of interest.
But since I'm paranoid about going out at all that I don't go, I started taking kickboxing lessons.
My therapist helped me start it, no one had been able to convince taking up a sport before.
Although I like it, there's a lot I dislike about it.
And my only reason to go is to prove my grandma and aunt wrong.
I wouldn't say I'm forcing myself, it's just some parts about it that I don't like and it kind of has
to do with the people there, the first time I went there I was kinda freaked out... my mom helped
me talk to the coach that this was for therapy and stuff and since I take meds, my reflexes are slower
than the average person, idc if he understood that though.
At first I distanced myself from the people but now I'm pretty used to them - except for this one
kid that comes at me when sparring like we were in a real match.
I wish I didn't have to take meds so I could keep up, ahah.
So I mostly use my height, which isn't much tbh, I'm pretty small.
But it's this kid that makes me dislike a good portion of kickboxing.
Not that I hate the kid, just hate when I'm put sparring with him, everyone else is nice
and give me tips and I think they understand that I'm not there to compete, it's just to do
some exercise.

Comments

  1. Maybe you could beat that brat if you started drinking alcohol. I mean, it worked for Jackie Chan as the Drunken Master. Hmm, or if you want to use your height to you advantage I'll let you in on a secret. You know how in movies and games the villains always have a weakness? Try hitting him below the waist. That's his. I feel like the sage master with a long point beard in kung fu movies. Feelsgood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I instinctively hold back. And I'm not competitive.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not Dead and Blog's Not Dead Too